Wednesday, November 27, 2013

New Year

New Year? In the solar system, we're right back where we started!


Forget the people who don't matter,
remember the ones who do.
Know where your next meal comes from,
don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Every second wasted thinking about the past,
is a future going bad, learn and move on.


No parent should have to bury their child,
A tongue weighs an ounce, but so few people can carry it well.
Watch your thoughts, they become deeds,
watch your deeds, they become habit,
watch your habits, they become Character.


I've been running away from my problems,
I kept trying to get away from them,
I would do anything to get back into the air,
tell you the truth, all that time spent up there,
longing to reach the stars,
I've missed out on what really matters,
what's going on down here.


This year, ive been jobless, grounded, I lost my best friend, i realised trust can be broken with a single statement and sometimes no matter how hard you try to get your life back to normal, some things will never be the same.


Overall this has been one hell of a year. More bad times than good, but hey, thats what life is all about, wherever we go, we're always running, always late, maybe thats why its called the human race, but maybe life is not about surviving each day, maybe, just maybe theres a little more to it than that, so far I've been clueless about where I'm headed, I've made loads of mistakes and I've learned from them and as of tonight, I have another whole year ahead of me, to make a whole bunch of new ones ;)


I leave myself with one thing in mind,


Life is a journey, not a destination and I must be willing to get rid of the life I have planned, so as to make room for the Life that is waiting for me.


Cheers to a new year and a new chance at redemption, even though we say the same thing every year :P

No comments: